More about Google Text-to-speech
Google Text-to-Speech is the Google’s official app that allows for other apps on a user’s Android smartphone talking to them; mainly dictating the text that appears on the screen a little out loud.
One thing to remember here is that the Google Text-to-Speech app is not a completely compatible app with all of the apps available on the Android platform; instead, it only works with a limited number of them. Among those few, two of them are of Google’s own apps named Google Translator and the Google Play Books.
The first app of these two lets the user listen to the translations while the other one lets the user listen to the Books available on their device.
How to activate the Voice on Google Text-to-Speech?
In order for activating the voice on the app, the user needs to follow the following steps.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to Language and text input
- Select the option of Google Text-to-Speech engine as the default one on the phone.
With the app, users can access these amazing features.
- Use the app with “Google Play Books” to read your favorite books out loud.
- Use it with Google Translate for speaking the translations out loud for hearing he correct pronunciation of the words.
- Accessibility and TalkBack applications for having a spoken feedback over all of the user’s devices.
Supported languages for Google Text-to-Speech:
The Google Text-to-Speech offers support for a wide range of languages with main ones including Cantonese, English, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Mandarin, and many others.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 184.108.40.2061920558 (210317132)
- File size:
- 30.2 MB
- July 14, 2021
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23)
- Screen DPI:
Older Versions of Google Text-to-speech:
What's new in this version of Google Text-to-speech?
- Added support for French (Canadian), Javanese and Sudanese.
- More voices to choose from for English (Australian), English (United Kingdom) and French (France).
- All voices for a language are now downloaded together, saving storage space on your device.
- Performance improvements for 64-bit devices.
- Various other improvements to our voices.