More about Google Camera
Google keeps throwing awesome apps to woo its competitors. One such app that came out recently is the Google Camera app. This app launched recently and comes preinstalled on the latest Nexus devices. You can also get it if your phone supports Android 10.
This app comes with five camera modes. These include Panorama Mode, Photosphere Mode, regular Camera Mode, Video Mode, and the latest Lens Blur mode. Users can change the Google Camera mode at any point by sliding to the right from anywhere and the modes will slide out from the left side. Want to view any photos you’ve taken? simply slide your finger to the left and it’ll open your most recently taken photo.
When zooming in and out using pinch to zoom you see two little bars that will show you how zoomed in the camera is. You will find flash, exposure, changing from front-facing to rear camera, and an icon to add three-by-three grid settings at the bottom of the screen. To get the most out of your photographs visit google support.
Google Camera app
This app is a perfect guide for an amateur vlogger. The camera guides you to take really good pictures with added rendering and processing, the results come out awesome. Photo Sphere photo images allow the viewer to move around within the world to see everything. Photo Sphere gives you the tools to create your own Google Maps street view and share it with other Maps users.
Google Camera Lens Blur gives you the SLR-like function of creating images with shallow depth of field, or limited areas of focus. This enables you to take photos with blurred backgrounds. It’s a great feature when taking photos in crowded areas.
There are a few downsides as well. If you have a device that has an external SD card, you can’t use it for image or video storage. But there might be an update around the corner to solve that problem.
Google Camera also does not support a gallery app so you might want to work with Google Photos.
Camera app Features:
- Switch quickly between video and photo mode with a quick swipe to the right.
- Easily create stunning photographic effects and switch between photo modes (such as Lens Blur, Wide Angle, Panorama, and Photo Sphere) from the top-left menu.
- Google Camera automatically detects when HDR+ (High Dynamic Range + Low Light) should be used to capture great photos in low light and backlit scenes on the Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P.
- Record slow-motion videos in 120fps on the Nexus 5X and up to 240fps on the Nexus 6P.
- Hold down the shutter button on the Nexus 6P to automatically capture a stream of photos and automatically make GIFs.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 8.4.300.411896890.15 (64764781)
- File size:
- 118.9 MB
- December 1, 2021
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 12 (API 31)
- Screen DPI:
Older Versions of Google Camera:
What's new in this version of Google Camera?
- Night Sight in Portrait and Camera modes - Get the same Night Sight results in low light without having to switch modes.
- Video stabilization modes - Use Locked for videos of long performances, when you want to look away from the camera. Use Active in heavy moments. Use Cinematic Pan for smooth, panning shots.
- New zoom buttons - Use zoom buttons to quickly zoom in or out. To use the full zoom slider, tap and hold a zoom button or pinch-zoom.