More about Google Maps Go - Directions, Traffic & Transit
Google Maps Go is a Progressive Web based app. It is lightweight and is a variant of the original Maps app . Now it also has the navigation support.
The Google Maps Go takes less space on an Android device as compared to the full fledged Google Maps app. The purpose of the Google Maps Go was to make it run on the devices with limited memory. In unreliable networks the app provides the location of the user, real-time updates for traffic, directions, information about transit solutions like buses, trains or metro service. With the this app user can also search to look for information about different places like the information about addresses and phone numbers.
The features of the Google Maps Go app are as follows.
- Finding the fastest possible routes on two-wheelers, metros, buses, ferries or even for walking.
- Riding the metros, buses, or trains within the city’s transport schedules.
- Navigating the 2-wheeler or a car with the app’s Navigation feature.
- Step-by-step direction for the routes to help plan for the trips.
- Getting to places faster with real time updates for traffic and provision of traffic maps.
- Discovering new places
- Searching the local businesses, restaurants, and other places.
- Making decision for visiting places based on customer reviews and viewing pictures for the foods.
- Finding the addresses or phone numbers for places.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 151.0 (151)
- File size:
- 2.2 MB
- November 17, 2020
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 4.4 (Kitkat, API 19)
Older Versions of Google Maps Go:
What's new in this version of Google Maps Go?
- Support plus.codes URLs
- Bug fixes