Experience cross-platform media player that can play almost all video formats.
More about VLC
VLC media player app is one of a kind open source and cross platform Multimedia Player like MXPlayer Pro. This media player can play most of the video files as well as the protocols like Discs, Devices, Network steaming videos. This VLC app is a port of the VLC Media Player on the android platform. Just like the desktop version of VLC, it can run the following multimedia files.
- Network streams
- Network shares and drives
- DVD ISOs
VLC for Android is an app that is a state of the art audio player with features as Complete data base, Equalizers and filters, All audio formats.
VLC media player is free of cost, without ads and in app purchases. Also, its source code is available for free. You can easily download subtitles and can manage it in VLC. Gesture control is one of the best feature of this app, so that with gestures you can control volume brightness and seeking. Also, you can make your own playlist in this media player and add videos you like or want to watch again and again. You can also add cover art to it. Other features include like
- Closed captions.
- Multi track audio and subtitles.
- Support for auto rotation.
- Adjustment of Aspect Ratio.
- Widget for audio control.
- Support of Audio Headsets.
- Complete Audio Media Library.
Some of the supported video formats are MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv, AAC. Codec’s are available without any further downloading. With VLC media library for both audio and video files user can search through folders directly.
- VLC unlike MX Player does not show directories that contain video only. Users think that adding this feature will make VLC a better app.
- Users complain that Casting Icon often fails to appear.
- The recent updates have excluded the Quick Buttons for locked screen.
- Video stops midway when orientation is changed. The problem started with new update.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 3.1.4 (13010404)
- File size:
- 25 MB
- May 5, 2019
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean, API 17)
Older Versions of VLC:
What's new in this version of VLC?
- minSDK is now 17 (Android 4.2).
- Onboarding screen for new users.
- Option to group videos by folders.
- Android Auto is back!
- External storages support on Chromebooks (ChromeOS v72+).
- Launcher shortcuts.
- OTG devices browsing.
- A-B repeat.
- Sorting preferences are now saved.
- Improve support of very large media libraries.
- Homescreen channels.
- Media sorting and videos grouping.
- Manual network share setting.
- SMB 2/3.
- AV1 software decoding.