Experience cross-platform media player that can play almost all video formats.
More about VLC
VLC media player app is one of a kind open source and cross platform Multimedia Player like MXPlayer Pro. This media player can play most of the video files as well as the protocols like Discs, Devices, Network steaming videos. This VLC app is a port of the VLC Media Player on the android platform. Just like the desktop version of VLC, it can run the following multimedia files.
- Network streams.
- Network shares and drives.
- DVD ISOs.
VLC media player has come a long way from being an MKV player on your PC to VLC for Android on smartphone. Its popularity is also boasted by it being free. Also it is an open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files and network streaming protocols. The second best thing about VLC is that it is totally free has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC media player is free of cost, without ads and in app purchases. Also, its source code is available for free. You can easily download subtitles and can manage it in VLC. Gesture control is one of the best feature of this app, so that with gestures you can control volume brightness and seeking. Also, you can make your own playlist in this media player and add videos you like or want to watch again and again. You can also add cover art to it. Other features include like
- Closed captions.
- Multi track audio and subtitles.
- Support for auto rotation.
- Adjustment of Aspect Ratio.
- Widget for audio control.
- Support of Audio Headsets.
- Complete Audio Media Library.
Formats and Cross Platform Support:
VLC for Android plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares. Some of the supported video formats are mkv, mp4, mov, avi, ogg, flac, ts, m2ts, wv, aac etc. Codec’s are available without any further downloading. With VLC media library for both audio and video files user can search through folders directly.
All of this is supported by built in media library which browses your device folders and collects and sorts all your audio and video files into a single place for easy access and listening. You can use VLC media player for android as an audio player on the go. It has support for multi-track audio and subtitles.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control and cover art making it more attractive and easy to use. But like all other apps it does requires access to your on phone and SD card storage in order to browse and access files. But it is still a good app for entertainment purposes. For more information about vlc for android visit videolan.org.
- VLC unlike MX Player does not show directories that contain video only. Users think that adding this feature will make VLC a better app.
- Users complain that Casting Icon often fails to appear.
- The recent updates have excluded the Quick Buttons for locked screen.
- Video stops midway when orientation is changed. The problem started with new update.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 3.2.6 (13020604)
- File size:
- 25 MB
- December 29, 2019
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean, API 17)
Older Versions of VLC:
What's new in this version of VLC?
- Allow displaying the playlists in list mode
- Fix PiP aspect ratio
- Fix Media library loading on Android Auto
- Fix album view thumbnail size
- Fix double tap timing issue
- Misc. fixes
- Fix browsers showing 65 first files only
- Fix background transitions
- Fix flickering in browsers
- Fix subs dl focus for DPAD navigation
- Fix video count on TV main screen