The Weather Channel App
More about The Weather Channel App
The Weather Channel is one of the best Android app for obtaining the accurate weather forecasts and information. The app now comes with the Mesh Network Alerts that allow the app to send users notification about the severe weather forecasts and alerts despite their being no mobile data or internet connection. The app is faster in its functioning and allows users to have greater control over data settings as well as keep them updated with accurate weather alerts.
The features of The Weather Channel are as follows.
Quick and Reliable Weather Forecasts:
- The app does not require large space for download. The file size is only 4 MB.
- The app is quick in its functioning since it is modified to provide better performance.
- Interface of The Weather Channel app is not only smooth but also quick for operating over all Android devices.
- The Weather Channel app lets user know about the weather forecast of next hour to the next 15 days. Also, all of the weather forecasts are available in form of graphs.
Keeps Updated about Weather everywhere:
- The app has Weather Map which is like a radar map and allows user to keep track of the precipitation in their area with things like rain, snow and sleet.
- The Weather Channel app provides the forecast for hour, day, week, 10 days and 15 days.
- User can track the weather of the entire world from one app from being anywhere in the world.
Offline Access & Data Settings control:
- Do not worry if you don’t have access to internet. The weather channel app comes with an optional offline access for 24 hours. The 24 hours start from the time when the app was last updated.
- User can now customize the data settings of the app based on their preferences. Also, you can set the app to receive weather update on all intent connection types or user can select it for manual weather update.
Weather Alerts and Notifications:
- With the “Weather Glance Home Screen” feature, user can now view all the alerts in single glance right on their Smartphone’s home screen. Same as in AccuWeather.
- With the Severe Weather Alerts feature, users will be notified of the warnings about rains, lightning, winds, floods, hail, storms and heat waves; and all of that too in real-time.
- With the “Mesh Network Feature”, users who reside in the limited cell or internet connection parts of the world, they will also receive the severe weather alerts in their area. The app will notify the severe weather alerts even if the user is offline.
Optimized Weather Widgets:
The widgets of the app are available in two following dimensions, to allow the user to not open the app all the time.
With the weather clock feature, user can no track both weather as well as the time on one widget.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 1.18.1 (118019007)
- File size:
- 4.2 MB
- August 5, 2019
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 4.4 (Kitkat, API 19)