More about Kik Messenger
Kik is an app that allows you to connect with your friends, send messages, pictures, videos or chat. Kik messenger also allow you to video chat. One of its amazing feature is that if you are a developer, Kik has open source tool which will help you to create a great experience on the application.
Like other similar apps e.g Messenger or Whatsapp, groups may also be created. You can join as many groups as you like and each group can have no limits for number of users. One feature of this app is that its Ad free. Just like Facebook, kik messenger also has an integrated web browser which lets you to open any web-link without leaving the app.
Kik has a simple interface and easy registration process which doesn’t need phone number. The only downside is that it has a small video screen and
no hash-tags (available now!). Kik is not only just a messaging app; it is much more than that. Kik is the easiest way to find new friends as well as connect with your other friends. Stay in the loop for exciting stories and explore further around the net and all of this through chatting. There is no need for a phone number; you just need to choose out a unique username you like.
Few of the features of this app are as follows.
- Allows user to chat either one on one with a person or chat in random groups.
- Now with Kik share your pictures, videos as well as gifs and games.
- Explore and meet new people who share your interests.
This messenger app has around 300 million registered users and is used by 40% of teenagers in the US. The main reason for the Kik app’s popularity is the lack of phone number requirements. With a user name instead of a phone number, you don’t automatically share personal information with others — your chat companions on Kik can only see your display name, user name, and profile picture.
Your chat companions on Kik can only see your display name, user name, and profile picture. They will not be able to see your email address, phone number, or birthday, but within a Kik group, everyone can see your user name. Kik allows users to message their friends with everything from photos and videos, to GIFs and emoji.
Other Kik features
- Users can see whenever the person you’re chatting with is typing a message live. Users can also see when a message you’ve sent has been read by the recipient, even if they haven’t replied yet or started typing.
- When you send and receive messages, you are notified when they’re sent and delivered. You can also customize your notification sounds and choose to receive them instantly.
- Invite people you know by SMS text, by email, or through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. When a friend signs up with their phone number or email that you already have saved on your phone, Kik recognizes that you’re friends and sends you both a notification to connect.
- Every user has a code that can be accessed from their settings. To add a user from their Kik code, tap the search icon, then tap Find People, then tap Scan a Kik Code. Kik requires permission to access your camera before you can scan another user’s Kik code to add them.
- You aren’t just restricted to sending text messages with Kik. You can send photos, GIFs, videos, sketches, emoji, and more.
- Kik grants us the ability to have a real-time video chat with friends.
- Chat customization is easy. You can choose what colors you want for your chat bubble.
- You can start your own group chats by tapping the search icon, tapping Start a Group and then adding users to your group.
- Choose whether or not you want Kik to access your address book to match it with your contacts. You can also block users from contacting you.
Technical file information
- Package name:
- 184.108.40.20661 (20000573)
- File size:
- 40.5 MB
- October 15, 2020
- Minimum Android version:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16)
Older Versions of Kik:
What's new in this version of Kik?
- Dark mode is finally here! Check it out in chat settings.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.